Aug 13, 2007

Avoidance

I have been avioding posting for weeks and week now.

Summer is so weird now that I have a school aged child. My schedule has been so messed up- as well as my already sketchy priorities.

But I'm happy to say school starts a week from today and thus the normal everyay routine of getting up at 7, getting out, walking, getting home, doing laundry etc is about to begin!

I have so many goals for the fall- no more avoiding my house- back to taking care of it.

No more avoiding my ideas and vegging out- I want to get thinking again.

And most importantly- no more avoiding my goal of simplicity. It hit me yesterday as I was heading home from a weekend away from the kids (it was our anniversary).

I have largely ignored my pledge of simple living this last month or so. Materialism is so deceptive and it's one of my biggest flaws.

But I haven't been totally shopping or anything- I've just had my mind on different things and the stuff mongering kinda came in through the back door when I wasn't looking.

I've been going through some spiritual stuff this summer- really trying to find out what I believe and research for myself instead of depending on what I've always been told. This has been scary, but productive. I love what I'm learning about God right now- and I've got so much more to learn.

So no more avoiding my practical everyday life- back on track. Back to my priorities of using and consuming less.

Hi....I'm back.

7 comments:

Stone Fence Farm said...

So glad you're back Carolyn.

Anonymous said...

I just happened to check on this site, and saw you had written again. I've enjoyed your blog. Materialism is a hard thing to struggle with and overcome- my family and I are working hard at it. ABout the spiritual issues, I know what you mean. I am starting to question so many things that I grew up believing, and the journey is sometimes painful. I never thought to question anything in the past, I've always been taught that was a sin. I'm trying to figure out now what I really believe. Anyway, good luck on your journey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, I'd love to hear more about your spiritual journey here. I understand that that might be too personal for such a venue, but I wanted you to know that you have interested readers, if you chose to share!

Unknown said...

Caren- I'd love to share! I actually have a blog I SHOULD be using--
http://fertiletree.blogspot.com/

Right now it's pretty lame.

I thought about writing down my journey there. Well...maybe I will- check it out!

(I'll work on it tonight)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. After I gave birth to our daughter a few months we really got off of the simplicity track. We were very distracted with other things too but now we are getting back on board.

K E Fleck said...

Hooray! You've been missed :-)

I think there's an air of re-charging and getting back on track all over the web right now ... at least I know that I feel refreshed after stumbling quite a bit this summer ... it is nice to reach out and see others feeling the same way :-)

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

thank you for this blog!! my dh & i didnt think there were people out there like us. we may have to start a blog for ourselves so we can meet more like minded people.