Jan 10, 2007

Laundry Room After shot!


OK- I'm am done de-crapping the laundry room! It took about an hour, give or take a few breaks to nurse or answer the phone.

I started by just separating the trash out- and there was an embarrassing amount of it. Then I took out the non-clothing items, trying to sort them in the best way possible. Then, I was left with a huge pile of clothes- mostly missing pieces of zip off pants, bathing suit bottoms and single socks.

There are now 6 garbage bags (kitchen sized- not the black bags) on our back porch. A couple to donate and four that are just trash.

Now- the room is dingy and not clean- but I'm back burnering that part until I finish some more pressing projects. I know it aint pretty, but it's alot better and someday we may remodel it. I was able to find a trash can to throw lint in (before I was throwing in an empty detergent box). I put two bins in there for sorting: clothes that are too small or need repairs, and one for emptying pockets into. The bottom shelf of the shelving unit is mostly empty. It's really dirty (I know, gross), and is only holding dog chew bones and some undesignated bins.

I really like that I can walk in the laundry room and have a place to throw the dryer lint. It's normal now.

2 comments:

Mary Beth Moore said...

Terrific!

Kara said...

Wow! Fantastic job! Way to go you for just digging in and doing it - and I'm so happy the results are so worth it. :-)

Inspiring! I hope it makes laundry a happier chore, too.

Best Wishes!
Kara