Jan 25, 2007

A Victory

My father has been in town for the past few days. Whenever out-of-town family are in town, things tend to be a bit harried. Well this time was no different. Usually, when my father is in town, we eat out a lot--usually every meal. So, when my father called me yesterday and wanted to take us out to dinner I blindly excepted. I called Carolyn to work out the details and was blindsided by her response.

"Why can't we just eat at home? I'll cook something."

Well, she did and it was fabulous! My father was very suprised. When he and I were alone for a moment he said suprisingly, "I didn't know she could cook." That put a smile on my face for several reasons. The most important one was that I knew Carolyn has made a dramatic change in lifestyle. She is really living out what this journey was supposed to challenge. Also, he cooking is getting better and better.

So, long story short...MY WIFE ROCKS! I love you babe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Scored one with the in-laws. Good work Carolyn!

Carolyn said...

I must say, Matt is being pretty generous here. I love him for seeing this way.

I wasnt exactly being gracious in this situation. I wont go into details, but I was mad didn't want to see ANYONE that night, so I asked to cook just to be snippy.

(hard to explain-- but I was in a funk!)

In the end it turned out to be a good decision for everyone.

I'm blessed to have a husband who chooses to see me in the best way possible.