Jan 6, 2007

More stuff- more mess.


My poor husband married a mess. I've been a mess for as long as I can remember. I like stuff, and I tend to hoard it, stuff it, then it avalanches and I sit on the floor and cry.

One of the purposes for this blog for me is exposing my mess as motivation to rid myself of it. So, if you're like me and like to peer into other peoples seedy lives, you'll love these pictures.

I'm starting with my laundry room. I plan to attack it tomorrow. It is actually is worse than this right now- the pile is waist high and overflows to where you can barely shut the door.

This is a result of TOO MUCH STUFF. This stuff is piled because they have no place right now. And I have made a firm commitment to have a place for something or it leaves my house.

Stay tuned for "after" shots.

3 comments:

Matt Maszczak said...

You are the greatest mess I have ever known. I love you! Lets fix this tomorrow and then fool around ;))

Anonymous said...

Wow! How brave of you! I hope posting this is as freeing of an exercise as it seems to be. I think you may have inspired me to do the same ... if I don't chicken out. I've got your blog bookmarked and I'm really really inspired. Way to go you! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Best Wishes!
Kara
http://rockingranola.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I did this with my old bedroom (a.k.a. "the thunderdome") and the before/after photos made me so proud of my accomplishments. I know my cat was thrilled to have a new room to explore. He used to climb over the mountains of crap and disappear under them, resurface only to disappear again under another mound of stuff. Everytime I looked in the room I heard Tina Turner singing "We don't need another hero" in my mind.

Once the room is clean, you'll be sooo happy! Good luck guys!!