Jan 15, 2007

Rites of Passage


So, I hate to post anything today - in case it would mean that people may not read Matts post- which is AWESOME.

Yesterday I took on the monstrous job of cleaning out my hutch. It was one giant junk drawer. It held everything homeless and awkward- yet there was very little that could be purged. But I still got rid of more than half of it!

My motivation was to get it cleared enough that I could finally inherit my china.

There has been a huge dish pack box in my parents garage for my entire life that said "Carolyn China". It was my great grandmothers. I had taken a peek at it about ten years ago. I pullout a saucer and was quite underwhelmed.

So, over the years I have ignored it. I decided I may be interested in it over the past few months- but I had NO where to put it.

With my newly cleared hutch- I have a place.

I unpacked it all at my moms house- and I LOVE it. I'm so excited. Alot of it was broken- my sister is going to try to make some stuff out of the pieces for me.

So, I feel like an adult. I have fine china. I'm not sure how fine it is- but it's mine.

1 comment:

MomOfThree said...

I've been following your progress since your "embarrassing" post on MDC, and I just have to say that I admire what your family has set out to do, and that I'm very proud of you for how much you've accomplished! It sounds like this journey is only bringing you closer together...